The Note
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplay Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Of The Dead

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

Day Of The Dead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:57 pm

"It is" Rika groaned before arching her neck to see who had spoken to her. She shot up-right in her seat. It had been at least two weeks since she had least seen this self proclaimed angel and she had almost begun to believe that she had seen the last of him. She swatted her hair away from her face and leaned forward "What are you doing here?" she whispered. "I'm trying to study."
Back to top Go down
https://thenote.niceboard.com
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:14 am

He perked an eyebrow innocently at her question, “I’m obviously here to study.” He was dressed casually like any human at his age would look and he leaned back into the wooden seat pulling a random book towards him and pretending to be interested. A movement caught his eye, a girl a few tables away had been watching him and wiggled her fingers when he had noticed her back. He gave her a smile before looking at Rika with a smug look. Happy with the attention he had received.
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:00 am

Rika looked to the girl then looked back to the boy with an impressed scowl. "Is that supposed to make me jealous?" She asked. She stood and began to quickly gather her things "Because of you I failed my test in art history. Art history!" She exclaimed. "Who does that?" She threw her bag over her shoulder and stacked the large pile of books she had accumulated during her study session, her posture shifted backwards to accommodate the heavy load. "I'm here on scholarship. I can't go around failing or I'll lose everything."
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:25 am

Seth chuckled at the girl’s anger, “I hardly believe I had anything to do with your failing some test. If you had already know what the answers where then lack of sleep would not change that.” He leaned forward then resting his elbows on the table, “And I would never be jealous over a human.”
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:35 am

Rika gasped softly, angry at his words "I did know the answers! But it's hard to do a test when your eyelids can hardly stay open!" She shifted and hoisted the slipping books back up.

An irritated shushing noise came from the table beside them and Rika snapped her head back to the angel and glared. "And if you end up getting me kicked out of the library too." She whispered and shook her head with a huff, her pink cheeks puffing with anger. "I'll kick your ass."

She turned on her heel and retreated to a table further in the back of the library.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:43 am

Seth appeared in a seat at the new table she had moved too. He sat there with the same book opened in front of his as if he had been there the whole time. “Is that amount of books really necessary?” He smirked up at her, watching her struggle with the piles of books in her arms.
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:53 am

Rika glared and she considered retaliation but the smug look on his face only told her that he was enjoying this way too much. She stuck her tongue out at him and walked backwards, not allowing her eyes to leave his form as she awkwardly bumped backwards into a table but quickly turned to claim it as her own.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:14 am

Seth appeared sitting next to her with a wide smile on his face. He was enjoying messing with this girl way to much. The people around them didn't notice the way he moved around so quickly even though most girls were staring at him all around the room. He was about to speak when he seemed to notice something and looked off into a corner of the room, his smile turning into a serious expression. "Can you see anyone other than me?"
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 am

Rika's eyes narrowed, but any ferocity she felt towards him quickly diminished once she saw the serious expression on his face. "No?" She answered confused and she looked about the room. Nothing was out of the ordinary, just books, students and more books. "Please don't tell me you have a twin."
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:37 am

Seth stood from the seat and moved over to her, grabbing her arm and dragging her towards the entrance of the library. "We should get out of here." He pulled her from the building and continued down the street.
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:40 am

Once outside Rika jerked her arm from his grasp "Just exactly what do you think you're doing?!" She rubbed the spot where his hand had just been and frowned "I'm meeting people there soon. I can't just leave."
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:54 am

Seth rounded on the girl about to yell back at her but stopped again at something behind her. “Move!” He yelled as his arms wrapped around her in a tackle, knocking them both to the side and onto the ground. Seth grunted in pain as his body hit the concrete and Rika’s body landed on top of him. A sudden rush of air hit them as if something had moved fast past where they had just been standing. Biting back the pain in his shoulder Seth stood up, dragging the girl with him and began pulling her into a run. “What the fuck are they doing here?” He growled mostly to himself.
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:02 am

Rika's eyes clenched tightly shut as she was hurled to the ground by the force of his weight. She didn't get much time to even form an objection before she was up on her feet again and being dragged along through the city's streets. "What's going on!" she shouted at him as her heart rate began to rise. Although, she wasn't even sure she wanted the answer if it had this man up in arms. She looked back over her shoulder but saw nothing, if this was all some epic joke it wasn't very funny.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 1:56 am

Seth pulled the girl with him into an alley and pushed her non to gently against the wall, his arm staying around her front protectively as he craned to look around the corner. His eyes met the cold crystal blue of the blond haired man walking lazily towards them before seth pulled back to look at Rika. At first he thought she would be able to see their attacker, but the frighten look on her face told him clearly that she couldn't. Why was it she could see him but not the one attacking them.

He gripped her shoulder suddenly and pulled her to look seriously into her eyes, "I need you to do exactly what I tell you, okay?" He waited for a nod before he continued, "I'm going to give you an address and I want you to turn and run and don't stop till you get there. It's a big house so it'll be easy to spot, once you get there go inside, and tell my brother I sent you. Okay?!"
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:56 am

Rika let out a soft grunt as she was pushed back against the brick wall and she stared up at the man who loomed before her. His instructions were simple enough, but she wondered if she could trust her sense of direction. "O-okay" She replied eagerly, not really understanding exactly what she would be getting herself into, not only by going to this man's home, but by associating with him at all.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 6:26 am

Green eyes narrowed for a moment as if he doubted whether he should trust her or not then seemed to decide he did or that he didn't have much choice in the matter. Grabbing her wrist her turned her hand so that her palm was facing up then used her free hand to slide his finders across her hand, leaving a faint trail of words and letters that shimmered on her skin. "It will disappear once you've entered my house." Letting her hand drop he took one last glance over her then turned sharply, "Go once I'm out of this alley."

Seth walked to the opening and spotted the tall blond man that stood only a few feet away with his arms crossed. "Are you done playing reaper?" He said as large white wings spread out behind him.

Seth grimaced at the name and his own wings that had been invisible to the humans before tucked as if ashamed of their dark shine. "What do you want?" He had to stop himself from glancing back to see if Rika had left not wanting to draw the mans attention to her.

The man smiled showing sharp teeth, "I'm here to send you a message my dear step brother." In a flash he was before Seth, leaning close as if to whisper in his ear, their cheeks almost touching. "Stay away from that human girl or we might have to pluck a few of your feathers." Seth winced as he felt a sharp pain then looked at the dark feather the man twirled in his hands, now a few feet in front of him once more.

Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 3:14 am

Rika looked down in amazement at the golden letters that glistened brightly on her skin. "Okay" she mouthed and she closed her fist to look up and see that he had already left the alley. She jerked her hand to her chest and bounded out of the narrow space, barreling into a street performer who's melodic kazoo turned in to a screech that announced her arrival "Sorry! SO SORRY!" she yelled as she shook the hat he had placed on the ground to collect tips off of her foot. Everyone was staring at her now and she stiffly waded through the circle that had surrounded the young man before taking off in a sprint.

She ran and didn't stop running until she stumbled in to the house, where she promptly shut the door behind her with a loud slam. She was about to lean back against it to regain her breath or some sort of composure until the thought hit her what if whatever was following them followed her in to the house. The next moment she was up and moving again, she darted through the living room barely missing the couch before she scampered in to the kitchen where she grabbed the nearest item, a giant frying pan.

She rushed back to the door, her chest heaving, cheeks flushed and hair windblown. She was going to defend this house if it was the last thing she did. So she raised the frying pan above her head and shifted her weight from foot to foot, ready to swing on what may enter.

As she stood there she ringing her hands tightly on the handle until she got the odd sensation of something wet. She turned her gaze up to see viscous liquid like oil dripping down from the bottom of the pan. She lowered it, pulling a hand away to sniff at it. It was oil.

She took the chance then to take in her surroundings. Some woman on tv with a french accent was giving instructions on how to prepare the perfect fillet mingnon, a blanket was strewn across the couch and a dying fire crackled in the fire place. She looked down to the ground where small green brussel sprouts dotted her path from kitchen to door and conveniently stopped at her feet. "What the..." she whispered between gasping breaths. "damn it" Hadn't he said something about a brother? Her eyes darted to the light in the kitchen and slowly she crept over and gingerly peeked around the corner.

Last edited by Stoegy on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 8:02 am

Cronos stood in the kitchen leaning against one of the counters studying a cookbook. He reached up to tuck and unruly lock of hair behind his ear, for the hundredth time it seemed. The headband he normally used to pull it back had been misplaced while cleaning and with the preparation of dinner he hadn’t the time to hunt it down. Maybe he was due for a haircut. He swirled a dark strand around his finger and pondered its length.

It was in this silent state of distraction that a human shaped blur entered through the door coming from the living room and snatched a frying pan off the stove. Without a second of hesitation or a glance around the room the figure, no woman, shot across the kitchen from the direction she had come and disappeared. The room fell quiet as Cronos straightened and stared questioningly at the open door frame and the silhouette of furniture on its other side. The strands of hair wrapped around his finger unraveled, forgotten.

Violet eyes narrowed in slit irritation, he had not sensed the girl’s presences till she was already running into the room he was in. “Impossible for any human,” he mutter before heading towards the door way, not taking a step through it until he had pinned the girls location. While he had not felt her early on she was as clear to him now as if she were standing next to him. A chill ran down his arm as his heightened senses scanned over her, taking in every aspect, the sweat running down her skin from her flight, the rise of her chest and the pressure of each breath she gasped out. Her fingers trembled as they tightened determinedly around the smooth metal handle. He could feel the weight of it as if he held the pan in his own hands. Inhaling though his nose he caught her sweet scent, flowery and feminine with a sharp end of fear and….anger? Worry? Human emotions could be tricky.

She was definitely human. Strange that she had escaped his notice. Are you growing dim witted and lazy? He berated himself as he untied his apron and tossed it on the couch in passing. The hallway that lead into the entrace was another empty frame that he had to step through. He stopped as he spotted the girl, braced in front of the door with weapon held high, and looked her over unconcernedly. A fleeting feeling of recognition came to him when he took her in but he shook that off as foolish. It was not a habit of his to meet with any humans, and they did not live long enough to matter.

Putting on a pleasant smile he raised his hands and took a few slow steps towards her, “Miss, are you alright?”
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:15 am

A chill rose on Rika's spine, a certain unease she couldn't seem to shake that caused her stomach to twist and goosebumps to creep up on her arms. Something dark was drawing closer and she balanced from foot to foot, readying for it. She would defend this house, but then she heard a voice, quite a pleasant one from behind her. She turned slowly, almost robotically her motions stiff and rigid. She saw him, blurred from the windblown hair that fell across her face. A clear view only when her trembling breaths pushed the strands from her vision. His ebony hair and violet eyes almost a mirror of her own but there was something else to him. It didn't matter though, because despite how charming he was, adrenaline was still racing through her body. Her brain ticked rapidly through the appropriate response, fight or flight and back again until it settled on one. Scream.

The pan launched into the air and Rika flung herself backwards in to the front door. Unable to keep her balance from the force of the launch she and the pan fell to the floor in a loud clatter. The hard wood floor rushed to greet her as her scream abruptly stopped and turned into a breathless whimper. She looked up at him, her face distorted into an almost comical display of pain. "I-i-i uh..." she bobbed her head, recollecting "forgot he said..had a brother" she seethed through clenched teeth, a deep blush darkening her already ruddy cheeks and chest.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 3:51 am

Steps towards her cautiously unsure how humans would react in distress, his palms were exposed in a calming gesture. He had no plan of what to do with her once she had calmed down, maybe if he opened the door she would find her own way out.  

Restrains an amused smile at her display of panic. These creatures had an acute ability to be entertaining at odd times. Stops suddenly at her words, back straightening and hands falling to his side6, no longer in a soothing position. Seth had sent a human female to him.

There was a loud thud as his wings slammed into the small space. The feathers were a vantablack, so dark that it was impossible to make out the individual feathers. He was on her in a flash, bent down on one knee, hands firm on her face as he tilted her head back so her face was fully exposed to him. There was a wet sound when his obsidian winds smashed against the walls as they tried to extend, they lifted and slid till the crook of them towered above her, casting her in a shadow as they blocked the hallway light. “Where is he? You have seen him and still have your body. What happened!”

Pearls of dark liquid dripped from the black mass of wings, one landed on her cheek, trailing a pale path as it traveled to her jaw. The air was thick with the scent of iron. The liquid dripped onto his white shirt and turned red as the material absorbed it.
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 12:09 am

Rika's eyes blurred as the unblieveably heavy stench of iron invaded her senses. Everything seemed to fade away into the black that now surrounded her. It was a struggle to keep her eyes open and even harder to focus on the shouts of the man who loomed so dangerously over her. Her mouth gaped as she tried to answer but clenched shut as the murky warm scent seemed to condense and gel on her tongue, making it impossible to get anything out besides a pathetic sigh.

Trembling hands gripped at the wrist of the hand that so crudely had a hold of her. Her nails dug deeply into the soft flesh on the inside of his wrist as she tried to recoil and pull away. Whatever this was it was an abomination. Some awful caricature of the white and gilded angels she had studied in the art of chapels. These were the things of nightmares and she had to get away but she was trapped.

Deep inside her there was a small buildup of static, a purple light that seemed to pulse from deep within her belly. A sense that rejected this heavy sickness that was keeping her incompacitated. The charge pulsed and sparks came tumbling from her core, it fell clumsily through the well traveled pathway of her nerves, sparking and dimming until they erupted from her fingertips in a convulsion. There was an almost undetecable fizz and then she went faint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Of The Dead   Day Of The Dead - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Day Of The Dead
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Note :: Seth and Rika :: Dearly departed-
Jump to: