The Note
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplay Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gathering the shards

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

Gathering the shards - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 4:07 am

Arianna nodded in response to the otters question. "There's something up with her. Just like y'all thought."

There was a small creak as the door beside the group opened. Vivienne yawned and wiped her eyes of sleep having just woken from her nap. "You guys are loud." She muttered sleepily. "What are you even talking about so loudly?" She looked up to them for an answer

It took June a moment to find the group. "Cassandr-" she saw vivienne and stumbled over her words. "Oh ah, we need to go. Like right now."

Back to top Go down
https://thenote.niceboard.com
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Roel looked at the little girl and smiled holding up his sword, "Left my blade behind. we were all looking for it. Time to go now." He said the last sentence to the group before patting the little girl on the head. "See ya later V." Roel lead the group as they hurried towards the exit, he figured it best to go through the back door since Cassandra would be more likely to use the front door. At least he hoped so, she wasn't really normal.

Shaheen had transferred back to the swordsman's shoulder and was whispering to him as the group rushed through the halls. "If she really is the beast then she is either gaining power from a demon or a powerful artifact. There are many things that could give a human the power to transform like that."

"Are we even sure that she is this beast? Maybe she just controls it, summons it when she needs it." Roel replied back in rushed breaths.

Shaheen stopped to think, that was possible but unlikely. "She would have to have a huge amount of spiritual power to be able to control a demon of that size."

"What if she made a contract. Sacrificed something for service." Roel said as he turned a corner and headed towards the kitchen.

"Possible." Demons would take many things as sacrifices, anything from golden ancient artifacts to animals and especially for human souls. "If the demon is just a summoned creature then it wouldn't be too hard to get ride of it. Just figure out what it is he is getting from the woman. But if it's the human herself then we need to find what is changing her."

"So either way we are looking for something that could be anything." Roel said with a sigh. From what he understood it could be anything from a necklace to a statue or, "What!" Roel stopped suddenly causing the two girls to bump into him, "could a Gods power cause this?"

Shaheen scoffed, "That is an easy feat for a God. But a God would not give such distasteful powers to a mere human." He sounded insulted by the idea. Gods thought very little of humans, they were weak humans and could be fun to toy with but not to bestow powers to. Powers that were as dark as turning them into demons.

"What about something that held the Gods powers? Not a direct gift." The swordsman gave the otter an annoyed look. The rodent wasn't catching on to the hint. "As in a piece of their Icon maybe?"

"My Icon! My powers are pure, they would not produce something so corrupt."

"Not even in the hands of a greedy dark souled human?"

Shaheen didn't want to admit that maybe his icon could be corrupted by a human, but it was broken and weak. There was a possibility that the red head was on to something and if he was then they were close to getting another piece of his statue.
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Arianna scrunched her face and rubbed her nose after bumping into Roel's back. She was doing that a lot today. She wiggled her nose making sure everything was good and looked up at them curious once they had stepped out of the house and in to safety. "What are you two whispering about so passionately about?" She didn't like how the red head and the otter would discuss things without her and June. Weren't they supposed to be a team?

June was curious too, Arianna and Roel had seemed to be in an intense discussion when she had found them. Maybe they were just waiting to get away from Cassandra to let her in on what was going on. She frowned and looked off feeling a bit guilty for having not helped her friends out. "I think I'm going to go try and talk to the villagers again" She finally spoke up.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:55 pm

"Hold off on that." Roel told June. He saw how the two of them look at him, and he understood that they must be feeling left out. "Lets get out of here first and we'll talk." He grabbed Arianna's wrist, only because she was the closest and lead them out of the house and through the field stopping once that got into the thick forest. He turned to the group and let of of Arianna. "I think that lady is using a piece of Shaheen's Icon to turn into the wolf."

"That's just a theory. I don't completely believe it yet." Shaheen barked. He wanted to find his statue but worried of its state if it was in that woman's hands.
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 1:33 am

June stared at him quizzically a moment and considered what was just said. "If it was a statue piece wouldn't Shaheen be able to feel it's presence?" She looked over to the otter. He had mentioned it when they had first entered the village but she couldn't recall any more talk of it.

Arianna couldn't help but to beam at the small contact. She knew it was probably nothing serious but what girl didn't like to be handled by a handsome man, and today he had done it twice. A new record. Any feelings of self doubt had now been completely washed away. She looked to the otter her shoulders raising in a shrug "Well, whatever she has, if anything it's super powerful and we probably need to take even more caution when around her. I'd hate to be on her bad side."
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:52 am

Shaheen sighed at June, "I've felt the icon. Puts it’s not a strong signal. I can't pinpoint how close or far it is." If Roel's guess was right then it could be the icon was too tainted and the signal weak, or it could just not be in this town.

Roel regarded Arianna, "We can't just ignore the beast problem. People are getting hurt from it." Roel since of justice was telling him that he should kill the beast. OR it was just his heroic tendency's stepping in. There didn’t seem to be anyone in this town that could handle the beast and he was a truly gifted swordsman. He smiled to himself and unconsciously patted his sword.
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:23 am

June glanced at Roel who in the corner of her eye seemed to be lost in a day dream. "Right, we do have to do something about the beast." She knelt down and held her chin as she thought. Obviously they hadn't been able to find the relic in their home and she knew Cassandra would offer no information. She looked up to the otter that was perched on Roel's shoulder "Are there any stories of humans getting relics from gods? Something that might be helpful?"
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:38 am

Shaheen thought on this. Through out centuries there were countless stories of God's and mortals, more then even a God could recall. "I do remember a story the snow princess was telling me once. About her father giving a human a blessed artical, all I remeber of it is that the human ended up dying for giving in to his own desires."

"Desires..." Roel mumbled to himself. Looking lost in thought before brightening up, "what if we draw her out that way? The beast desires the money from the people. That's what they pay to him so he will not harm the villiage. Correct?"

Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:39 am

Arianna perked up "Oh! Right!" She moved over to Roel and draped her arm around his shoulders and pulled him down into a huddle beside June. "We just need to sort this out."

The group spent the afternoon debating and preparing their plan for the next evening. It was practically fool proof. They were to leave an offering out for Cassandra-The beast, but under the villagers good was a snare, set to capture the beast by it's foot and hoist it up into the air. Once the sun began to set in the distance Arianna clutched her rumbling stomach which had not forgiven her for skipping her meals for the day. "I think we should go back and take advantage of her..hospitality one more time before tomorrow."

June shrugged and looked to Roel, "I wouldn't mind it. She is terrible company but she does know how to be a good hostess"
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:06 am

"Back to the beast's belly then." Shaheen mumbled. He had been dozing in and out during the pre-planning but had up a little when they mentioned food.

"Wouldn't it be the beast's nest?" Roel asked uninterestedly as they began the walk back to the woman's house. He hoped she wasn't in to back of a mood when they got back. "Did that kid make it out alright?" He asked June, "who knows what that woman would do to him."
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:50 pm

June looked up to Roel and nodded "Yeah, he was gone way before she even came close to the house." She shrugged and shook her head "Makes me think he does this kind of thing often." They walked up the steps to the grandiose house and a servant opened the door for them before they could knock.

As soon as they walked into the house Arianna perked up "Ooh~" She said as her mouth began to moisten. "Seems like we made it just in time for dinner."

Vivienne who was walking around upstairs spotted them and jumped up to lean over the railing "Hey!" She called out excitedly "I wasn't sure if you guys were going to come back!" She smiled warmly "I'm glad you did"

They were right, they had arrived just as dinner was finished cooking and the whole house sang with all the scents of the meal that awaited them.

"You'll have to tell me what you found today!" Vivienne chirped merrily as she grabbed Roel's large hand, her fingers barely able to clasp it as she drug them through the house to the dining hall.

Arianna would never not be amazed at all the detailing and all the trinkets and paintings that had gone into this house that made it what it was. Although she understood the means that which everything was acquired was horrible it would be a lie to say she wasn't impressed.

The table was set for them except for a spot at the head where Cassandra had sat this morning at breakfast. The group was a little relieved to say the least and dinner went off without a hitch. The air was still a little tense at the discovery of Vivienne's father and the idea that while they were putting on airs they were still planning on trying to catch Vivienne's mother, the suspected beast.

After dinner the group retreated to their rooms without much discussion.

June had spotted the library on her way back to the room and after showering and preparing herself for bed she had snuck down there to get some books for research.

Arianna had more trouble than her friend to get comfortable. She stood in front of the mirror and brushed her still damp hair, they hadn't been out on the road for long, perhaps a month and she felt that her hair had grown so much in that time. Her hair now fell to the bottom of her shoulder blades, and she was satisfied with the length. She bundled the ends together and feathered them with her finger tips. She brought them to her nose and took a small sniff the toiletries Cassandra offered them smelt heavenly and Arianna seriously considered stealing them when they left. Her purple eyes traveled up to the mirror and she turned to check herself out. She had also gotten leaner, mostly because of the lack of food than exercise. Her hands rested on her stomach and she tugged the fabric of her night shirt forward so she could admire herself more. Even with all these changes that to her felt monumental, Roel still hardly batted a lash at her, and something like that could leave a girl's confidence shattered. She sighed and leaned forward, inspected her face, teeth and hair for any imperfections before trudging off to lay in the bed.

She knew she wasn't going to sleep the moment she laid down. She was a girl, traveling far from her family, with her best friend, a handsome man and a weird talking otter that was convinced he was a god. And right now she was staying in the home of a woman who was psychotic and mean and kept her husband and her daughter practically locked up; and she hadn't been to dinner. Arianna couldn't shake the feeling that Cassandra knew about their meddling and she tensed up. What else did she know? Was she planning to attack in the night? She sat up instantly. That one small thought had definitely shooed away any delusions of sleep Arianna might have. She stood and bundled up her blanket around her and crept out into the hallway. She looked both ways before sneaking to Roel's room and knocking gently on the door.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 12:58 am

Roel opened the door to his room and looked down at the girl, “Arianna? Something wrong?” He had taken his shirt off in preparing for bed but he still had his boots on. Noticing the girl looked a little worried he stepped out of the doorway to allow the girl to enter. “Wanna come in?”
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 1:47 am

Arianna let out a sigh of relief, her shoulders sagged with the action. "Thanks." She walked past him into the bedroom and looked around, taking extra care to not let her eyes linger on his half dressed form. She hadn't seen him without his shirt in the time that they had been together and the sight definitely did not disappoint. "I'm nervous about staying here." She started as she walked across the room to climb up onto the bed, her blanket falling into a puddle around her.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:43 am

Roel shut the door and turned, watching her cross the room to sit on his bed. Shaheen was only a few feet away from her, curled up and sleeping in the comforter. He walked slowly across the room and pulled out a chair from the desk and sat down. It was understandable that she was nervous since they were staying in the house of a demon but this was the best way to keep an eye on the woman. “You’re welcome to sleep in here then. I can just make a pallet on the floor.”
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:43 am

(Its weird doing these now.)

Arianna's eyes settled on him despite her mental protests otherwise. "You don't have to go through all that trouble." Her hand slid out to caress the silken sheets as she stretched out to lay on her side. "This bed could easily fit two don't you think?" She glanced to the otter who had nestled into the comforters, why couldn't have slept with June. She propped her head up and looked back to the red head and an easy smile formed on her full lips. "I think that sounds more comforting."
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:44 am

((I know. It's been so long))

Roel cleared his throat, feeling a little unsure about what the girl was saying. "Arianna." His face was serious as he said her name. "I am a man and being so close to.. Well.." He looked away feeling a little embarrassed at having to admit such a male fault, "I will not be able to sleep next to you without wanting something more." No, that didnt sound right. He waved his hands and said quickly, "no. not that I would do anything. But I would be thinking inappropriate things. I mean not purposely! Unwillingly! Wait no..." This wasn't coming out as he wanted it and with a sigh he shook his head, "it's a bad idea. I will sleep on the floor."
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Arianna listened closely as he flustered about trying to explain the reasons why he wouldn't be able to share their bed. The only thing that he mentioned that she actually processed was that he'd expect more by laying so close to her. And that's exactly what she wanted to hear. She slid off the bed and sauntered over to him "Roel," she said with a soft chuckle once she stood in front of him. "Boys aren't the only ones who think of that kind of stuff." She reached out both hands and gently traced her hands down each of his arms, her fingertips gently caressing the defined muscles until she reached his strong hands which she pulled back behind her waist. "I wouldn't mind giving you what you wanted." She urged and she tilted her head, her hair slipping over to one shoulder in a cascade of orange exposing the long arch of her neck and emphasizing the low neckline of her nightgown. "Because I'd want it too."
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:03 am

Roel was a little shocked by her reactions to his words. He gripped her small waist and for a moment considered accepting the tempting offer that was presented to him. There was no denying he was attracted to her, she was more than just pretty with her flawless suntanned skin, exotic violet eyes, and strawberry orange hair. But he also knew he wasn’t going to be able to offer her anything more than this physical connection. He had priorities that did not involve any time to spend on romance and he couldn’t treat this girl so carelessly. With a sigh he dropped his hands from her and rested them on his knees, looking away from the girl before him. “Look… Arianna. You’re nice and gods you’re pretty but I couldn’t do this to you.” Another thought had crossed his mind for a brief second, one he didn’t really understand. June would find out. He didn’t know why but it seemed important that he didn’t do that to June. "It would be wrong for me to take advantage of you."
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:23 am

"You're worried about taking advantage of me?" She said, her voice was strained as she tried to hide how upset she was. Perfect, just perfect. She had thrown herself at him, a tactic that usually worked and she almost didn't know how to react to the rejection. "You wouldn't be taking advantage of me if it was something that I wanted too." Her violet eyes fell to the ground and her arms crossed over her chest, closing herself off from him. She opened her mouth to add something else but before the words left her mouth a powerful roar interrupted her.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:36 am

Roel frowned at the girl noticing the change in her attitude, he was about to try and console her but the loud noise stopped them both. It was the beast, no doubt and it had turned in this house where they were all sleeping. "June." He breathed out in a sudden panic, standing quickly and pushing past Arianna to run out the doorway and over to June's room. He didn't even pause to knock as he jerked the door open and ran inside, looking franticly around for the girl. A dread filled him as he noticed the room was empty and he ran back to his doorway. "Stay here, wake up the otter." That was all he said before taking off down the halls, with neither a shirt nor a sword to protect himself if he did run into the beast.
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:48 am

Arianna stood where he had pushed her aside. Her! pushed aside. If it weren't for the impending danger she would be upset right now. Well, more than she was, which was quite a lot since the first thing to come out of his mouth at the beast's cry was worry over June. June. Her of all people, Arianna spun on her heel to where the otter lay. "Wake up!" She shouted and she reached out to jerk the covers he was so sweetly nestled on out from under him.

June had frozen in her step once she heard the roar of the beast. She had gone back to the library to return the books she had borrowed, an action she now deeply regret. She had no idea which direction the beast was coming from, it's bellowing cry was too loud to pinpoint. She set the book she still held in her hand down on the table and moved to the door, her back pressing flush against the wall beside it. She had to get back to Roel and Shaheen.

The beast roared again and the sound reverberated through the house, shaking it at it's foundation. There was the sound of powerful clawed feet bounding down the upstairs hallway heading to the bedrooms. There was no sound for a moment and then the fierce crunching of wood in strong jaws and then the shrill cry of a scared child.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:40 am

Roel tore through the halls throwing open every door he passed and calling out for June, pleading that the girl was okay. What reason did she have to leave her room and where would she have gone?

His body froze, fingers wrapped around another door frame when a scream echoed through the house. It sounded like a child but the swordsman didn't think more on it before his feet hit the floor at an even faster pace, now just running down the halls yelling out her name.

It had been foolish for him to let the girls stay in this house. He could take care of himself but there was no way he could have watched them every moment. June could be in danger again and he wasn't there to save her. Would he fail her again?

He turned the corner into the library doorway breathing heavily and skidding from the momentum of running. His eyes flew around the room in a panic searching every piece in the large area before he saw her. Huddled against the wall right next to him. "June!" He took two long steps and grabbed her shoulder relief coming over his expression. "Your safe."

Shaheen sailed across the bed when the comforter was ripped from under him. His eyes wide from the sudden yelling and his feet going wild in his panic of being woken so. "What!? What happened?" He finally got his barring and turned to the girl having noticed she was the only one in the room. "Where is Roel?"
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 4:12 am

June had huddled up close against the wall when she had heard the beast's second roar. She cursed herself, why did she think it would be a good idea to leave her room after all their meddling. Of course Cassandra would know, of course she'd be angry enough to turn.

She lifted her head from her hands and looked about, did someone just call her name?

She moved closer to the doorway and before she could will herself to reach out and grasp the handle the door flew open. She covered her mouth hiding her gasp of surprise but her hands quickly fell when her brown eyes met Roel's blue gaze.

"Oh Roel." She relaxed fully upon seeing him and her eyes darted across his body. She had expected to see him poised and ready with his sword out, but both hands were empty and one hand was firmly on his shoulder. She stared at the hand on her shoulder, her gaze slowly moving up his arm. "Where's your sword?" She asked upon finally making her way to his face.

"The beast is awake." She picked up under her arm and started out of the room before running back and grabbing his sword.
Back to top Go down
DelightfulTurtle
Admin
DelightfulTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:14 pm

“I didn’t have time to grab it.” He answered quickly and grabbed her hand, pulling her from the library and leading back towards the rooms. He wanted to avoid any more questions that would lead to what he was doing before he had come to her rescue. Even though nothing had happened between him and Arianna he felt it would be better if June didn’t know about it.

“Wait.” He stopped suddenly and turned back to face her, “You didn’t scream did you.” Roel felt a sickening feeling in his gut and what that meant and finally took a moment to think about what he heard. It hadn’t sounded like June screaming, it was far too high pitched for someone of her age. The sound had sounded more like a little girls voice, “Vivienne! Where is she?” His panic was back at the thought of the little girl being hurt and by her own mother.

Since the beginning of these events that started after he was getting ready for bed he hadn’t realized that he had been running around without his shirt. And now he truly regretted not grabbing his sword, he needed to get back to his room to get his weapon but if it had been Vivienne screaming earlier then he had no time to waste on it.

Shaheen squirmed in the girl’s tight hold, “Where is Roel? Has he been attacked?”
Back to top Go down
Stoegy
Admin
Stoegy

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:19 am

June gripped his hand tightly, grateful for his presence and she hoped he wouldn't notice how her hand trembled. She paused when he turned to her and her brows furrowed, she hadn't seriously processed what that scream had meant, or who it had come from. "Oh no..." She whispered, her brown eyes widening as they both came to the same realization.

She turned to where she thought the sound had come from. "This way" She had only been to the young girl's room once and she hoped she could remember the way back to it in this spiraling maze of a home.

The beast roared again and with that it confirmed that the direction they were heading in was the correct one.

Arianna ignored the otter's question. She didn't have time to play catch-up with him. Roel needed his sword and she had to get to him quickly. But damn this home had too many stairs. Her bare feet slapped the ground as she hurried through the spiraling hallways. "Ugh," she groaned as she hoisted Shaheen back up onto her hip "When did you get so fat?" She turned another corner before shouting "Roel!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gathering the shards   Gathering the shards - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gathering the shards
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Note :: Fantasy :: Fantasy-
Jump to: